Written By Courtney Waldon

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Great Opportunity

Before I continue writing about my experiences with the women's team, let me make something clear. If you read my first post, you may be under the impression that being a practice player falls somewhere between taking an accounting exam and roofing during the summertime on the suck meter. Being a practice player is probably the best gig at Purdue, and I love every minute of it. The coaching staff is incredible and the players are great. Coaches treat us like members of the team, except they don't yell at us when we turn it over. The players love having us around, although sometimes they have to run because of us when we decide to show off our superior athleticism to grab offensive rebounds. The opportunity to play basketball at a high level every day makes my college experience ten times better, especially since we practice in Mackey Arena.
I really should have posted this right from the start, but I've decided to do my best George Lucas impression and go in whatever order I feel like. So, from now on, just realize that I have nothing against the program when I'm writing and really do enjoy practice. Also, I'm going to go ahead and classify this blog as PG-13, and a comedic take on the happenings of the RIP Squad. It's perfectly fine to use a curse word here and there, kind of like how a person on a diet sneaks in a Reese's cup every once in a while. I don't believe the word "ass" really is a curse word anymore either. I can watch TBS all day and every time someone calls another an A-hole, they bleep out "hole" but for some reason the "A" part is perfectly okay. Consider this a disclaimer for every post from now until whenever I feel like shutting this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment